- Building: Eleven by Windsor in East Austin
- Rent: Your piece will be $1200 per month, All bills paid.
- Furniture: Fully Furnished
- 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. You will have a private bedroom and private bath.
- Move in Date: Earliest move in date: August 1
- Lease Length: 1-4 months.
- Pets: No cats, no fluffy dogs, maybe short haired dog. Hypoallergenic dogs ok.
- Male or Female roommates ok
- My IG Account: https://www.instagram.com/alex_concepcion90/
- Wow, so many cool food and travel pictures. So sophisticated. I know.
Hey, I’m Alex Concepcion.
I’m a 30 year old guy originally from Miami. I’ve been living in Austin for 5 years. I’m fanatical about this city and love showing people around.
Side Read: Why I moved to Austin
My goal is to find a new roommate who is awesome for a few (1-4 months). Awesome roommates are cool right?
I run my own business (coincidentally in apartment locating. Tacostreetlocating.com and no, I’m not fishing for clients here).
I’ve kind of turned into an ambassador for Austin, and am known to have excellent food recommendation skills.
I work from home a lot (especially these days). When we’re not in the middle of the apocalypse, I usually work out of the Austin Bouldering Project.
I’m social, go out, do go-out type things. Hang out with cool people. No crazy here! But lately I’m not doing much people-ing for obvious reasons.
I’m a huge food-guy which means I have lot’s of fancy kitchen gadgets to do weird culinary experiments. (here is a little food blog that I made, https://hostful.ly/gfxtwbc)
I’ve had over a dozen roommates in the past, and have rarely had any problems. So I’m easy to get along with (or I’m just lucky).
Some other points
- World Traveler
- Ramen fanatic
- Podcast junkie
- Joe Rogan (obviously)
- 420 is A-ok
- Tim Ferriss
- Yes, I’m one of those people
- Dan Carlin
- Other popular people
- Joe Rogan (obviously)
- Gym / Yoga / Fitness
- Business / Entrepreneurial / Growth minded person
Here’s my instagram account too: https://www.instagram.com/alex_concepcion90/
About the apartment.
Apartment Complex: Eleven by Windsor
This apartment complex is awesome.
It’s right next to Downtown, across the street from THE Franklin bbq, and a quick walk to E. 6th and tons of bars/restaurants/shops. It’s right along I35, so getting anywhere in Austin rarely takes more than 15-20 minutes. You can uber basically anywhere in Downtown/East Austin for around $5.
The building is super nice and modern and stuff. A big relaxing pool, cool amenity space to host your friends, some grills, decent gym, and a sweet sky lounge that has direct views of downtown. The people here are pretty cool and lively as well.
The room is a basic roommate style floor plan as seen in the pictures.
The apartment is fully furnished.
Your room will have a queen bed, a desk, TV, a walk-in closet, and a stand-up shower.
The common area has a couch, chairs, and an entertainment center.
You won’t need to bring anything. This is about as plug-and-play as you can possibly get. Maybe pillows/blankets/stuffed animals or whatever.
Show up, Pay money, hang out, sleep, and that’s it.
Note: Since we’re close to I35, there is some light noise, so keep that in mind. For me it was annoying for like 2 days, but that’s about it.
Living with me
Cleanliness: I would give myself around a B+ or A- on keeping the place clean. Since it;s not a super big space, it’s fairly easy to keep tidy. Dishes are washed frequently. I do expect things to stay this level of clean. While I’m not the “omg you left a bread crumb on the counter” OCD type, I’m not ok with slobs.
Guests: Normally I love having guests, but these days I’m not doing much of that for obvious reasons.
Pets: I’m allergic to cats and fluffy dogs that shed, so that would be a deal-breaker. Those cool hypoallergenic dogs would work however. If you’re wondering if your dog would work, we can try to figure something out.
Rent: In total, you’ll be paying $1200 per month All Bills Paid. This is much lower than what you’d pay for even a studio in East Austin (which usually go for $1400+)
Misc: I’ve got a nice TV entertainment set-up in the living room, so I’ll do some Netflixing in the evening like any self respecting bored-on-the-weekday-evenings millennial would do. You’re more than welcome to do the same.
- First, you’re a cool person close-ish to my age who has their s#$* together. Crazy won’t work!
- You can afford to pay rent. Hopefully you will have a job/business/side hustle that allows you to not worry about rent.
- You’re looking for a shorter term lease. Maybe you’re just moving into Austin and want to get a feel for the city before making a longer commitment. Maybe you need a place to stay for a few months.
- Ideally you’re a similar growth minded person, social, easy to get along with, and wouldn’t mind being a guinea pig for my wacky kitchen experiments.
Depending on how long you’re looking to stay. You may need to apply to the apartment building to get added on to the lease.
If you’re interested in this wonderful roommate sweepstakes, send me a well thought out message about why you think pairing up would work. I’m looking for somebody who won’t just send me “hey, I’m interested tell me more”.
To guage fit we’ll talk a bunch to figure out if we’re a good fit.